Resetting Oil Service Light on your 2002 - 2006
MINI Cooper / S, and 2007 - 2008 MINI Convertibles:
1) Press and hold the trip button
2) Insert key and turn to position 1
3) Watch for RESET to appear
4) Release the button, then press & hold it again
5) Wait for the RESET to flash
6) Release the button, and then press & release (once only)
7) Service interval should then be reset to next interval
If that didn't work, try this:
1. Push the
2. Turn ignition key to position 1 and 51A will appear to left of mileage
3. Release trip button
4. Wait 3 seconds
5. Push trip button
6. Wait (5-8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner
7. Release trip button
8. Push trip button
9. 15000 will appear as new service interval
10. Release trip button
1. Press and
hold the trip odometer button.
2. Insert car key and turn it to the first position (not the second position).
3. You will see 51A come up in the trip odometer area.
4. Release, then press and hold again.
5. Watch for the word “RST” to appear on the Odometer indicator.
6. Release, then press and hold again.
7. Wait for the “RST” message to fl ash.
8. Release, and then press & release (once only).